Private investigation services may be necessary to get the information you need to protect your company, revise policy and/or prevent damage or loss. For many commercial investigations, time is of the essence. International Protective Service, Inc. (IPS) in Albuquerque, New Mexico provides tips for working with your detective to ensure the most efficient process.
During Your Interview and Investigation
The importance of clear, honest communication from the very start of your private investigation cannot be understated. When working with your IPS detective, please:
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability
- Provide all requested documentation promptly
- Provide access to facilities and electronic communications promptly
- Pass along information as it becomes available
- Trust that your detective has carefully considered the investigative approach and is doing what is best for your case
Our private detectives demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, so you can rest assured that information you share with us will remain confidential.
Benefits of Cooperation with Your Private Detective
There are two major benefits to working cooperatively with your IPS private detective:
- You save time.
- You save money.
The more information you provide up-front, and the more reliable that information, the faster we can get results. An efficient investigative process means that you do not pay for investigative services longer than is necessary and you have the information to make the executive decisions and actions in the best interest of your company’s future.
Limitations for Private Detectives
Please be aware that there are some limitations to what IPS private detectives may do or where they may go. In general:
- Private detectives may not trespass on private property.
- Private detectives may not withhold information that could obstruct an official investigation by law enforcement agencies.
States and local municipalities may have other laws or codes that restrict investigative activity. Your private detective may explain some of what they can or cannot do when they provide an overview of the investigative strategy. If you have questions, please feel free to ask.
To get started working with an experienced private detective, please contact us.