Join Our Team
Our goal is to provide our clients with the very best service that the security industry can provide. It is every employee’s responsibility to complete the job assigned to him or her to the very best of his or her ability so that IPS can provide those services that our clients expect, pay for, and need. Each security officer and employee has a role in providing a set of services. When our goals are accomplished, the client, employees, and International Protective Service all benefit from this level of perseverance and dedication!
If you want to join our team of experienced officers, please visit our Apply Now! page.
Minimum employment requirements for an Armed Security Guard:
- Must satisfy mandated minimum age requirements applicable to the state in which you will be assigned, and position for which you applied.
- Must possess a valid State driver’s license, issued by the State in which you currently reside, and/or State Identification Card, where applicable.
- Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be either a United States citizen OR legally authorized to work in the United States, without limitation or restriction.
- Must possess an active Commissioned Security Officer, Security Guard, Security Officer, Personal Protection Officer, or Private Investigator Card/License/Registration certification consistent with the position you have filled out the application for, issued in the State in which you desire employment, OR successfully complete all required training and testing to obtain same, prior to employment.
Note: If you have applied for a position that requires firearms certification, you will be required to be examined by a licensed psychologist regarding your mental suitability to carry a firearm and successfully pass such evaluation. (If you do not hold the required license IPS can provide assistance with obtaining license)
- Must not have been convicted of, or pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a criminal offense in any state, territory, district of the United States or a foreign country, that would exclude you from obtaining/maintaining said Card/License/Registration certification, including but not limited to:
- Not having been convicted of any felony or currently under indictment for a felony.
- Not having been convicted in any jurisdiction, of a Class A or equivalent misdemeanor if less than five (5) years since you completed your sentence or probation period.
- Not having been convicted within the past five (5) years, in any jurisdiction, of a Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense.
- Not currently charged with, or under indictment for, a felony, or a Class A misdemeanor
- Not currently charged with, a Class B misdemeanor.
- Must not be on parole, community supervision, on work furlough, on home arrest, on release on any other basis or named in an outstanding arrest warrant.
- Must not be serving a term of probation pursuant to a conviction for any act of personal misconduct .
- Must not be adjudicated mentally incompetent or found to constitute a danger to self or others.
- Must not have been convicted of acting or attempting to act as an associate security guard or armed security guard without a license.
- Must not be a registered sex offender.
- Must not be chemically dependent.
- Must not have used any illegal drugs or substances that would amount to a misdemeanor crime if found in possession (includes marijuana) within three (3) years of date of application.
- Must not have committed a Driving under the Influence or Driving While Impaired offense within five (5) years immediately preceding the application.
- Must not have committed multiple offenses of Driving under the Influence or Driving While Impaired within ten (10) years immediately preceding the application.
*Prior law enforcement and/or military experience is beneficial*